Saturday, April 18, 2009

The growing book list

I have a growing list of books to finish reading or to read.

To finish:
1) North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell (less than 100 pages to go)
2) Watchmen by Alan Moore (I'm about halfway through)
3) The Tough Guide to Fantasyland by Diana Wynn Jones (This is just a casual pick up and read a few entries at a time, it lives on top of the toilet tank)
4) Map of Glass by Jane Urquhart (I started this one last summer and kept getting interrupted--I'll probably just have to start over again)
5) Heart of Stone by C.E. Murphy (I also started this one last summer, but I'm not sure I want to finish it--I don't care about the main character or her love interest)

To read and have a copy of:
1) The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman (newly purchased)
2) The House of Many Ways by Diana Wynn Jones (newly received)
3) Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood
4) Bridget Jones: Beyond Reason by Helen Fielding
5) American Gods by Neil Gaiman
6) Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
7) More Terry Pratchett's than I can reasonably list here

To purchase or find a copy of:
1) The Book Thief (don't know who wrote it)
2) Castle in the Air by Diana Wynn Jones

Hm. I think that's it for now. Perhaps I'll get through a few of these. I should at least attempt to finish the ones I've actually got copies of...then we'll see. No rush on the Terry Pratchetts. More will just appear on our shelves as Andrew strives to collect them all. Plus I don't think Andrew's read them all yet so I'm safe for now. The overarching problem is, I'm trying to write as much as possible with my available time, which doesn't leave more than half an hour in bed a night to read. Plus I'm taking two courses this summer. We'll see what I manage.

Ciao,

Andrea

No comments: